Golf Course Rules & Regulations
To set forth rules and regulations for the Ruby View Golf Course.
The City of Elko provides public golfing facilities at Ruby View Golf Course. To enhance the golfer's experience, provide rules for safe play and to maintain the quality and value of this City facility, the City Council have adopted the following rules and regulations for the Ruby View Golf Course.
- All tee time reservations shall be made through personnel employed by the Ruby View Golf Course Pro Shop.
- Tee time reservations may be made up to seven (7) days in advance.
- Preferential tee time reservations shall not be provided for any reason.
II. Golf Care Usage
- Pets are not allowed on the golf course at any time. Children under 5 years of age are not allowed on the golf course.
- Open hours shall be set by the Golf Professional after consultation with the Golf Superintendent.
- Metal golf shoe spikes, non-golf cleats and shoes with lugged soles are not allowed on the golf course.
- Persons not golfing or not accompanying a golfer are not allowed on the golf course during the golf season.
- An 18-hole round of golf should take from 4 -41/2 hours to complete. Allow 13-14 minutes per hole to ensure a round in this time frame. Golfers may be required to speed up play at the direction of the Golf Marshal.
- All standards of golf etiquette shall be observed.
- Golf cars must be kept 30 feet from all tees and greens unless on a designated cart path.
- Golf cart paths must be used where available.
- A maximum of 3 golf carts are allowed with any golfing party. Exception may be made by the Golf Professional.
- Any destructive behavior to the golf course and/or golf course equipment will result in immediate removal from the course and forfeiture of any fees paid.
- The Golf Professional and Golf Marshal shall enforce all rules and regulations adopted by the City Council and shall have the authority to remove any players for violation. In such cases, any and all golfing fees may be forfeited, and golfing privileges may be revoked.
Adopted by the Elko City Council November 2, 2000.