NOTICE OF TIME FOR CANDIDATES TO FILE DECLARATION OF CANDIDACY
STATE OF NEVADA )
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that all persons wishing to be a CANDIDATE FOR OFFICE in the Elko City Election to be held in and for the City of Elko, Nevada the 6th day of November, 2018, for the office of Mayor or City Councilmember must file a Declaration of Candidacy and pay a $50.00 filing fee at the City Clerk’s Office, Elko City Hall, 1751 College Avenue, Elko, Nevada. Any interested Candidates must file the Declaration of Candidacy no earlier than Monday, March 5, 2018, and not later than 5:00 o’clock, Friday, March 16, 2018 as provided for in NRS 293.177. No person shall be a candidate or have his name printed on the Official Ballot for such election unless such person has timely filed such Declaration of Candidacy and paid the $50.00 filing fee.
DATED this 22nd day of January, 2018.
SHANELL OWEN, MMC
CITY OF ELKO
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City Council of the City of Elko, Nevada, pursuant to Article V of the Charter of the City of Elko, State of Nevada, and Title 1, Chapter 5 of the Elko City Code, and the election laws of the State of Nevada, by its resolution passed, adopted, signed and approved on the 23rd day of January, 2018, has ordered a general election for the City of Elko, as follows:
2. The Elko City Precincts and Polling Places within the City of Elko for such election shall be as follows:
3. Said polling place shall be open at 7:00 o’clock a.m. and close at 7:00 o’clock p.m. on the 6th day of November, 2018, unless polling times are changed by Nevada law, in which event the polls shall open and close in accordance with such Nevada law.
4. Extended In-Office Registration for this election shall close at 7:00 o’clock p.m. on October 16, 2018. Qualified persons residing within the exterior boundaries of the City of Elko, Nevada may register for this election at either the Elko City Clerk’s Office, Elko City Hall, Elko, Nevada, or the Elko County Clerk’s Office, Elko County Courthouse, Elko, Nevada according to the law, prior to such close of registration.
5. Each of the officers elected by the popular vote shall qualify as required by the Charter of the City of Elko and the Constitution and laws of the State of Nevada, and enter upon the discharge of their respective duties on the first Monday in January next following the election, and failing to do so within said time, such office shall be and become vacant. To qualify, each candidate shall be:
(a) A bona fide resident of the City of Elko for at least two (2) years prior to election.
6. All persons interested in becoming a candidate for office in this election must file their Declaration of Candidacy and pay their $50.00 filing fee at the Elko City Clerk’s Office no earlier than 8:00 o’clock a.m. on Monday, the 5th day of March and not later than 5:00 o’clock p.m. on Friday, the 16th day of March, 2018.
7. Any registered voter who by reason of physical disability or inability to read or write English or who is unable to read election material or mark a ballot or use any voting device may be assisted by a person of the voter’s own choice, with exceptions as set forth in N.R.S. 293C.282.
IN WITNESS WHEROF, the Mayor of the City of Elko has made this Proclamation pursuant to the Elko City Charter and the order of the City Council of the City of Elko, this 23rd day of January, 2018.
CHRIS J. JOHNSON, Mayor
SHANELL OWEN, MMC